Deborah:

I would also appreciate a copy of this powerpoint.

Thank you.
Janice Lee

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of deborah.hardwick
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 7:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: In-house online tutoring

At Houston Community College, we have a huge in-house online tutoring
program using the askonline platform. Currently, we offer tutoring in
math, biology, chemistry, physics, psychology, English, and for papers
in all disciplines. In the year and a half we have been online, we have
handled thousands of student submissions. It's the only way to go, as
far as we are concerned, because all our tutors are current or
recent-ex-faculty who know our syllabi, our sequencing, our standards,
and our students.  If you are interested, I can send you a PowerPoint I
wrote about starting such a program.

Deborah Hardwick, Manager, Online Tutoring deborah.hardwick@hccs,edu