The Summer 2008 StudentAffairs.com online workshops for student affairs administrators are now set (http://www.studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses). Please share this information with your staff.  Questions?  Please contact Stuart Brown at [log in to unmask]

Face the Facts: Online Communities Are the Way College Students Communicate
 June 9 - 23,  2008
 Price: $120
 http://studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/summer2008course1.html

Demystifying Academic Affairs
 June 16 - July 18,  2008
 Price: $140
http://studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/summer2008course2.html

A Student Affairs Professional's Guide to Data Reporting Using SPSS for Windows
 June 23 - July 11,  2008
 Price: $150
http://studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/summer2008course3.html

Entering a Career In Student Affairs
 July 7 - 25,  2008
 Price: $120
 http://studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/summer2008course4.html

Basic Supervision: Beginning the Dance
 July 7 - 25,  2008
 Price: $130
 http://studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/summer2008course5.html

Academic Integrity On Our Campus...What To Do?
 July 7 - 18,  2008
 Price: $100
http://studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/summer2008course6.html

Facilitating Student Diversity Education Experiences: A Guide for New Professionals
 July 7 - 28,  2008
 Price: $120
http://studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/summer2008course7.html

Student Affairs Law: A Primer on Freedoms
July 14 - August 1,  2008
 Price: $130
http://studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/summer2008course8.html</a>

Advising Student Organizations: An Introduction
July 21 - August 8,  2008
 Price: $120
 http://studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/summer2008course9.html</a>

Exploring College Student Development Theories
June 16 - July 9,  2008
 Price: $130
http://studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/summer2008course10.html

College Students with Asperger's Syndrome
 July 1 - 29,  2008
Price: $130
http://studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/summer2008course11.html</a>

ALSO...

The Spring 2008 edition of our e-journal, (http://studentaffairs.com/ejournal/Spring_2008/") Student Affairs Online, is now available.

We have dedicated the Spring 2008 edition to the presentations from our 7th Annual Virtual Case Study Competition for Masters level students in student personnel administration, counseling or higher education administration graduate programs.

Thirty-two teams submitted final presentations for this year's competition. Teams were asked to develop a Powerpoint presentation on how "technology has radically changed how the college delivers its programs and services to students."

StudentAffairs.com Social Networking Site

StudentAffairs.com has launched its own social networking site—iStudentAffairs.com (http://istudentaffairs.com). Since its launch on February 2nd over 1550 student affairs professionals have registered for the site...and the number keeps growing!

iStudentAffairs.com is a social networking site for student affairs administrators that connects friends and colleagues with each other. Members must register for this community of professionals. Why do we ask each person to register? We want to ensure, as much as possible, that people interested in joining this community are involved with higher education. One of the problems with Facebook and MySpace is they are open to anyone.  This site has been developed as a place for professionals to share, network, and communicate.

To join, simply go to http://istudentaffairs.com

StudentAffairs.com Blogs

StudentAffairs.com has asked a number of individuals to write about their job hunting experience this spring 2008 semester as well as their first professional position in student affairs.  Browsers can also leave comments about their own job search experiences.

1.  The 2008 Student Affairs Job Hunt (http://studentaffairscom7.blogspot.com/")
Two new graduate students share their trials and tribulations as they search for that first professional position.

2.  The 2007 New Professional--'07-'08 (http://studentaffairscom5.blogspot.com)
The graduate students from the Spring 2007 "Student Affairs Job Hunt" have their first full-time position in student affairs. Follow their exploits during their initial year in the field.

3.  Learning to Fly -- Season 3 (http://studentaffairscom6.blogspot.com/)
Our graduate student from the Spring 2006 blog, "The Student Affairs Job Hunt," shared her experiences as a new professional last year in "The Student Affairs New Professional--'06-'07." This year she continues chronicling her career as a second year professional in Learning to Fly -- Season 3.