---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mary Elkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, May 22, 2008 at 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: Literature of Bereavement
To: Discussion Group for Psychology and the Arts <[log in to unmask]>

This message was  originally submitted by [log in to unmask]  (53 lines) ------------------

Jaclyn,

I can highly recommend a recent and very appropriate
book by a long time member of this list: Dying to
Teach: A Memoir of Love, Loss and Learning, by Jeff
Berman, State University of New York Press, 2007.

Here is part of he blurb from the book.  "Intensely
personal, Dying to Teach affirms the power of writing
to memorialize loss and work through grief, and
demonstrates the importance of death education:
teachers and students writing and talking about a
subject that, until now, has often been deemed too
personal for the classroom."

And thank you for the question, which adds to my list
of books on the subject.
Mary Ellen