Nanosolar, a company producing solar panels using nanoparticle ink and a
printing process, just announced that they have achieved a
record-breaking panel production rate of 10 Gigawatts annually. This
improves on the current industry standard of 10-30 MW annually per
manufacturing facility, and apparently does so at a fraction of the
capital investment.

They claim that their "1GW CIGS coater cost $1.65 million. At the 100
feet-per-minute speed shown in the video, thatís an astonishing two
orders of magnitude more capital efficient than a high-vacuum process: a
twenty times slower high-vacuum tool would have cost about ten times as
much per tool. Plus if we cared to run it even faster, we could. (The
same coating technique works in principle for speeds up to 2000
feet-per-minute too. In fact, it turns out the faster we run, the better
the coating!)"

Please see the press-release video at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClLKVs9oSxE
and the press release at: