FIELD METHODS – CALL FOR PAPERS AND SPECIAL ISSUES

This is to let you know that FIELD METHODS has
been accepted into the Social Science Citation Index database.

Now in its 20th year, FM is a quarterly,
international journal, published by Sage
Publications and supported by an international
board of editors from across the social sciences.

For more information about FM:
<http://www.qualquant.net/FM/>http://www.qualquant.net/FM/

FIELD METHODS solicits articles about new methods
in social sciences and on new uses for existing methods.

FIELD METHODS also publishes special issues.
Please contact me if you have an idea for an
article or a special issue that you'd like to discuss.

H. Russell Bernard <[log in to unmask]>

FM publishes articles on methods for collecting,
analyzing and presenting data about human thought
and human behavior under field conditions. By
“field conditions,” we mean all conditions except the lab.

FM publishes articles on topics ranging from
getting past gatekeepers in ethnographic
fieldwork to the construction of web-based
surveys; from response effects in surveys to
sampling under field conditions; from techniques
for direct observation of behavior to techniques
for coding and analyzing text. FM also publishes
occasional essays on epistemological issues.

FM’s motto is “methods belong to all of us.”
Regardless of our epistemological or theoretical
assumptions, no method belongs to a field.
Ethnographers today regularly do surveys; survey
researcher today regularly do ethnographic or
cognitive interviewing to develop questions; and
scholars in every social science discipline
regularly analyze text and other qualitative data
(still and moving images, for example).