Hi Annette,
I was interested in your mention of Shadow Tutors who work in classes.  Can
you explain a bit about what they do and what types of classes they work
with?  Is it all developmental classes?

Thanks,
    beth

> Our college is a two-year, rural college.
> Can you tell me how many tutors you have? varies per semester; generally for
> Fall and Winter I try to hire 30-35 peer tutors and 5-7 professional tutors
> Do you have drop-in, appointment based, individual, and/or group tutoring?
> primarily drop-in; individual is limited to special pops or EXCEL students and
> by faculty or advisor recommendation; we also provide Shadow Tutors - tutors
> in a class-this is NOT SI
> Where tutoring takes place on your campus? we have two centers on our main
> campus, one on our Niles campus and in class
> Approximately how many hours each one works per week/or per semester? 10-15
> hours/week
> What is your FTE? 2600
> How many students use your tutoring program?  we're just getting started with
> Tutor Trac, so I can't give you a good figure; but we generally have a shadow
> in all of our developmental classes so potentially 300-400 students are in
> contact with a tutor regularly
> How many tutoring programs are there on your campus and who they each
> serve? we're the only game in town
>
> Annette M. Scheid
> Director of Teaching & Learning Centers
> Southwestern Michigan College
> 58900 Cherry Grove Road
> Dowagiac, Michigan 49047-9726
> 269-782-1463
> 800-456-8675
> Fax 269-782-1331

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Beth Kupper-Herr
Professor
Coordinator, Learning Resource Center
Leeward Community College