Angela,

I participate in all new student orientations on our campus. The format has
changed multiple times in the four years I have been here. What I do now is
first participate in a "showcase" of various departments. For the showcase I
have a table with presentation board and handouts. I talk about our services
as students walk by the various exhibits.  The second part of my
participation in new student orientation is a 20 minute presentation on how
to succeed in college. Of course, our learning center is a key part of that.
This format has now been standardized on all four of our campuses.  We are a
nonresidential, two-year unit of the University System of Georgia located in
the Atlanta suburbs.

Someone mentioned discussing the differences between high school and
college. I also mention this in my presentation.  An excellent source on
this topic is from MNADE at http://www.mnade.org/College%20Brochure.pdf

Thanks!

Alan Craig

Coordinator-Dunwoody Learning & Tutoring Center

Georgia Perimeter College
2101 Womack Road
Dunwoody, GA 30338
770-274-5242

Visit our award-winning website:
http://www.gpc.edu/~duniss

The union of the mathematician with the poet, fervor with
measure, passion with correctness, this surely is the ideal
--William James