We grade our developmental students as we would grade our traditional
student.  The only difference is a D is not passing.  They must make  an A, B, or C
or they have to repeat the course (some try to test out by taking  the
Accuplacer again if they fail).  We treat them as traditional students  with
homework, quizzes, exams, projects, etc. that match the skill level for  that class.
If they choose to skip some HW and fail an exam, they may  still pass the
class if they perform better on other material.  My thought  is that if they
cannot pass my class, they probably won't pass an "A" level  class (English,
history, etc).

Nicole Perkins
Blinn Faculty- Parallel Studies  Instructor
Texas A&M Class of '01

I can do everything  through him who gives me strength.
-Philippians  4:13

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.