At LSU we participate in New Student Orientations each year.  Our
one-hour session is one of several that students can choose, so we
usually have about 40 or so in attendance.  Some parents also come.

We talk with them about effective learning strategies and give them
information about the CAS.  We show them our website and encourage them
to take the learning styles diagnostics before they return in the fall.
And of course we encourage them to use our services when they return to
campus.

Additionally, there is an large information session held in the Student
Union, and we have a table at that event.

Hoping this helps,
Saundra

Saundra McGuire, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Academic Success