We use VSAT 460 and lower for placement testing.

Jim Kain

Assistant Professor of English
Neumann College
Rm. 360 Bachman
610-361-5349

>>> Amy Crouse-Powers <[log in to unmask]> 6/5/2008 11:50 AM >>>
Hi, everyone.

I'm in need of some data - quickly.

Four year institutions - if you use SAT scores as a measure for
determining who takes placement tests, could you please let me know what
the cutoff score is that you use nowadays?  For example, we had been
giving reading placements to everyone who scored 450 or lower on their
verbal SAT.

Also, is anyone using SAT WRITING in lieu of writing placement?  What
score do you use?  There are three scores: there's a 2-12 (holistic?)
score, a multiple choice score and a composite score.   What is your
cutoff?

Thank you so very much for your swift replies.  We have politics to deal
with in the next day or so.

Amy Crouse-Powers

Center for Academic Development & Enrichment

207 Alumni Hall

SUNY Oneonta