I would love this information about the Learning Fair if anyone has it. I did  a quick search of the NCLCA website but was not able to locate it (maybe because I am not yet a member?)

Thanks!
Vicki Dominick
Director
Learning Support Services Center
Beloit College> Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 12:00:44 -0400> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: New Student Orientation workshop/programming> To: [log in to unmask]> > At the NCLCA conference several years ago there was a great presentation> about organizing a "Learning Fair" with participation from Learning> Support folks as well as faculty from different academic departments who> were on hand to offer suggestions related to studying specific subject> matter. I would think you might find something in the archives of the> NCLCA conference website. We are hoping to organize a similar event> this year. > > > Pat> > Patricia A. Maher, Ph. D.> Director, Student Learning Services> University of South Florida> 4202 E. Fowler Ave.> Tampa, FL 33620> 813-974-5141> > "We cannot always build our future for our youth,> but we can build our youth for our future." > Franklin D. Roosevelt > > -----Original Message-----> From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Angela Nadeau> Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 11:08 AM> To: [log in to unmask]> Subject: New Student Orientation workshop/programming> > Hello all,> > > > I would like to hear about how Learning Center/Tutor Centers participate> in New Student Orientations. Our Student Affairs department has asked> that us to create a conference style workshop for incoming students and> I would like to make sure that the program is useful to students> (especially since the study skills would be out of context and not> linked to a class). I would be grateful to hear about what other> Learning Centers have done or ideas that people have considered for> orientation programming.> > > > Thank you,> > Angela> > > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> > Angela Nadeau, M.A., LCPC> > Learning Center Coordinator> > York County Community College> > 112 College Drive> > Wells, Maine 04090> > (207) 646-9282 ext. 274> > [log in to unmask]> > > > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> To access the LRNASST-L archives or User Guide, or to change your> subscription options (including subscribe/unsubscribe), point your web> browser to> http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html> > To contact the LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask]> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> To access the LRNASST-L archives or User Guide, or to change your> subscription options (including subscribe/unsubscribe), point your web browser to> http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html> > To contact the LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask]