Thanks for the help on my bird call or  whistle, but this is a lone bird that
called and called all day, from early  morning (before daylight till after
dark). He didn't get close to the house but  stayed along the woods edge, but
for one early morning and evening. His call is  one note, long and mellow ending
higher. The times when close to the house, we  heard hoarse short sounds in
between calls. The time I saw him in the morning  before daylight, I thought it
was an owl, he was larger than a screech  owl.
Did I do a query, post, right this  time??

Jennie