Susan <[log in to unmask] Wrote:

I was very surprised to see a trio of Black-hooded Parakeets come squawking
overhead while I was filling up at the Grove City Mini-Mart on Placida Road
afterwards..I've never seen them this far south before. Has anyone else ever
seen them in Charlotte County???

Although it's in Sarasota County, the North Jetty in Venice isn't that far from you. There were about 10 there one day. I took photos of them June 26, last year.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cjfinley/639644636/in/set-72157594438293126/

Carla Finley
Thomasville, Thomas County, Georgia

http://community.webshots.com/user/carlafinley (all photos)