Yesterday, 6/15/08, a Bob Wallace, Luddy Lambertson, Roger Harshaw and
myself  along with two of Bob’s fishing friends, Mike and Frank (sorry
I do not know their last names) headed out on a pelagic trip on Bob's 31
foot boat.

We headed out of Ponce deLeon Inlet, Volusia County, and went out about
95 miles virtually due east.

We met a nice diversity of birds, although nothing extremely rare.
Highlights were a very high number of Leach’s Storm-Petrels – 14 –
that may be a new high count for Florida (as listed in Birdlife of
Florida).  Bruce is this correct? Also two Arctic Terns (at 86.2 miles)
are a late date for that species.

We started finding Cory’s Shearwaters in as close as 6.6, 8, and 9.3
miles out.

Cory’s Shearwater 		12
Greater Shearwater		34
Audubon’s Shearwater	          106