You might want to ask why the candidate is interested in this position, and
what kind of computer skills they have (if computer use will be involved in
the testing).  I liked Laura's suggestions; scenario ("what if") questions
are often useful.

    beth

> Hi All,
>

> I will be interviewing doctoral students in Educational Psychology at my
> institution for a new part-time position as an Accommodated Testing
> Coordinator/Proctor.  I have started a list of interview questions (below).
> Now, I am stuck.  Would you all be so kind as to help me by adding or
> modifying something?
>

> Thank you,
>

> John Cleveland
>

> 1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself.
>

> 2. Can you tell us about your experience, if any, working with college
> students?
>

> 3. Can you tell us about your experience, if any, working with students
> who self-identify as being Leaning Disabled?
>

> 4. Tell us about a time that you worked with a particularly difficult
> client.  Briefly and generally, describe the issue, and tell us how you
> handled the situation.
>

> 5. Several of our processes for Accommodated Testing, for example
> scheduling, are in flux.  Can you tell us about your organizational skills
> as well as skills that allow you to think logistically and independently?
>

> 6. We have several other candidates to consider, what sets you apart
> from many others?
>

> John P. Cleveland, M.T.S., M.A.
>
> Director, Tutoring Center
>
> Center for Academic Excellence
>
> & Adjunct Instructor of Philosophy
>
> Department of Philosophy & Religious Studies
>
> Pace University
>
> 41 Park Row, Room 204
>
> New York, NY  10038
>
> 212-346-1407
>
> 212-346-1520 (fax)

> www.pace.edu/tutoring

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Beth Kupper-Herr
Professor
Coordinator, Learning Resource Center
Leeward Community College