From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Barbara Kirkwood
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: SAT score expiration

We are changing placement procedures for our reading and study skills program.  We have always used Accuplacer scores in the past and are now allowing students to use SAT, ACT or Accuplacer scores this year.  If any of you are using SAT or ACT scores to determine need for a reading and study skills class, do you have a requirement that the test scores be within a certain number of years?  In other words, do the scores expire for you?  It would seem to me that adults in the work place are not likely to lose reading ability like one might for a foreign language that is not practiced.
Your thoughts?
Barbara

Barbara L.S. Kirkwood
CASA - Center for Academic Support and Advancement
Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne