Rebecca,
Our leaders earn certification through the CRLA (College REading and
Learning Association). Through them, your center gets the right to certify
the tutors and/or mentors. Our tutors and mentors get a raise for each
level of certification. They start out at $8 an hour, with Level 1
certification they get $9 and with Level 2, they get $10.

The NCLCA offers certification as well, and it sound like you have
professional tutors that might be able to take advantage for this. I am
the only one in my office with NCLCA certification.

Hope this helps,
Diana

> Hello.  I'd like to know whether the professionals in your learning
> centers
> are in the process of gaining, or have already gained, certification
> through
> the National College Learning Center Association.  If so, what advantages
> have you seen as a result of being certified?  Does your institution
> recognize the certification and offer benefits as a result (e.g. merit
> raise, award, etc.)?  Thank you for your time and feedback.
>
> Rebecca
>
> Rebecca Bishop
> Early Alert and Special Programs Coordinator
> Student Advising & Retention Services (STARS)
> Lamar University
> 409-880-7205

> browser to

Dr. Diana C. Bell
Academic Resource Center Director
136 Madison Hall
University of Alabama in Huntsville
Huntsville, AL  35899
256.824.3142

"We cannot learn something without eating it, yet we cannot really learn
it either without letting it eat us."
                              (Peter Elbow)