From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eisenberg, Diane
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:21 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ESL students

Several times over the last few years I have had requests from both
students and faculty members to ask if I could accommodate ESL students
with extra time on tests due to their slower processing speeds because
English is not their primary language.  Is there a policy regarding this
anywhere since it could not be covered under the ADA law?  I would be
most interested in as much discussion as possible so a proposal for
accommodations due to something other than disabilities could be made to
our academic council.

Lynn Mayer

Dr. Lynn Mayer

Director - Center for Academic Success