Besters,
I've seen related algae technologies using transparent vertical tubes instead of vertical "multi-bags" (bags on the ground, yes). The bags look cheaper and easier to replace but how long would they last in a production situation with repeated exposure to the full sun I wonder? I know that different specie of algae are more suitable for oil content than others but that they are identified as to which will be best utilized to produce (not just biodiesel from the oil and ethanol from the cake residue) but a whole line of different fuels? It makes sense to me but I haven't heard that before. Can that be confirmed?

Also, as to the last statement, I'd like to see proof that their production system actually does what they say it does by volume and quality of product (great if it does) and of course I'd prefer such systems be spread out and located near coal-fired electric generating plants all over the USA to sequester the C02. Another question here though is will the system's output decline from the optimum presented with lower incidence's of solar radiation? I suspect yes. What would the same system do in Florida or New Jersey? I'm thinking that there are limits here somewhere outside of using artificial lighting as a supplement to the natural solar radiation average for a given area. Would that be reasonable?

Sure does look impressive on the surface. I hope the spokesman was relating from accurate data as opposed to a sales pitch only. Interesting Jim, thanks.

Scott Davies
Alachua Biodiesel Company
Advanced Solar Technologies