From: MARCO On-Line Rounds [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Bruce Small
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 6:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Web SDR

Radio gets more and more amazing!

Check out the article on the ARRL web page about WebSDR (softwaredefined

radio on the web).   There's a link to a SDR on a page at a Dutch

University web site  < http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/ >.  You can

listen to the radio on 80, 40 and 20 m.  You select what frequency, mode

bandpass filter, etc.  I just listened to someone speaking French on

3618 LSB.  It should be possible to listen for MY signal to hear what it

sounds like in Holland!

It's fun to play with and could be useful, especially for checking on

your Xmit performance (compression) or figuring out why the European

station doesn't seem to hear you.  You might be able to hear the other

US QRM that is blocking you!

Thanks to Bill, WB2AIV of the Western New York DX Association for this

information.

73,

Bruce KM2L