From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Amy Chambers
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Training books or videos for tutors

Hi all,

I'm looking for suggestions of books or DVDs that you use to train your
tutors.

DVDs might have examples of good and bad tutoring.  They also might touch
on topics like diversity, working with students with special needs, or
another special topic.

The books I'm looking for are ones that are accessible for new tutors to
read, not for me to use as resources.  Any quick, enjoyable reads you've
found that improve tutors' technique or inspired them?

Thanks!
~Amy Chambers