I decided to take on a construction endeavor during my two week break from
school. I thought some may be interested in the final product. I was able to
construct a Planetarium entirely out of cardboard and machine screws. The
entire project cost less than $150 (not including projector). Pictures have
been included. If anybody would like more information on how to build one
yourself, I can point you to some helpful web pages and provide tips.

I would also like to ask if anybody knows of where I can purchase a used
digital projector for a fairly low cost. The projector in the photograph was
borrowed. By using a spherical mirror and a correctly warped video image,
you can fill almost the entire dome. (Stellarium has capability for
spherical projection warping!)

The next phase would be to construct support to raise the dome off the
ground. But that will have to wait for when I have more free time.

--
---
Regards,