crla & national tutoring assoc. &college read & learning assoc - have great programs

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals on behalf of Pat Nelson
Sent: Fri 8/29/2008 3:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Learning Strategies

I am a new Learning Strategist.  I am basically responsible for helping students with study skills, learning strategies and working with at risk students.  Is there any certification for Learning Strategies, and what are the advantages for being certified?

I would appreciate any suggestions and comments privately or on the list.

Thank you,

Pat Nelson
Manager - Learning Strategies
UVU