(with apologies for cross-listings)

Greetings from CARMA (Center for the Advancement of Research Methods and
Analysis at the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Business), and
we hope that the start of the new academic year is going well for you.
This email contains information about one of our programs, through which
we make recorded lectures available to all faculty and students (at no
charge to them as individuals) from universities that join our program.
Last year 129 universities from throughout the United States and abroad
participated, and we already have over 119 member schools for the
2008-2009 program.  If you think that the graduate students and/or faculty
at your university would be interested in unlimited access to 46 hours of
recorded and live lectures on research methods and statistical analysis
delivered by methodologists that include editors of major organizational
journals, this email is relevant to you.  These lectures can be used as
part of coursework assignments (like readings), as preparation for
comprehensive examinations, or as part of a department or school
colloquium series.

With this as an introduction, we would like to let you know or remind you
(if you are already aware) that registration is open for your school to
join the 2008-2009 CARMA Consortium Webcast Program.  This program can
give faculty and students at your school access via the internet to the
latest developments in research methods used in organizational and social
science disciplines, as well as a 50% discount on 2009 CARMA Short Courses
offered at Virginia Commonwealth University in May.

You can find a list of our presenters for the 2008-2009 Consortium Webcast
Program, their topics, and tentative dates for their talks in the
information below.  As with last year, faculty and students from
Consortium Schools will have access to live and recorded versions of these
10 lectures, as well as 36 lectures in our Video Library (a list of
lectures in our Video Library is also included below).  Additional
information about CARMA can be found on our website.
http://www.carma.vcu.edu/, or you can email us at [log in to unmask]

I would like to encourage you to initiate discussions with your program,
department, or school administrators, or your library administrators,
about having your school join our program. Registration for our Consortium
Webcast Program is $975 per school (with no fees for individual faculty or
students).

Please let us know if you have any questions, and we hope your school will
be joining the 2008-2009 CARMA Consortium Webcast Program.

Thanks and best wishes for a great year.  Larry

Dr. Larry J. Williams
CARMA Director
University Professor of Management
Virginia Commonwealth University

2008-2009 CARMA Consortium Webcast Program

The main purpose of this program is to allow faculty and students the
opportunity to hear the latest methodological developments relevant to
their research.  For many faculty and students, learning about research
methods is challenging, and watching and listening to an expert who can
present current information in an understandable form is a valuable
learning aid.  Our Webcasts emphasize the substantive application of
methodological developments and can supplement the education that occurs
in traditional courses.  Membership in the CARMA Consortium Webcast
Program occurs at the institutional level, and viewing the live Webcasts
as a group can be an important community building activity for department
faculty and/or graduate students.

The 2008-2009 Consortium Webcast Program will include 10 one-hour lectures
on advanced topics delivered live (with video and audio components) by
leading methodological scholars from organizational studies (see list
below). It will also include a special CARMA 10th Year Celebration Webcast
on September 12.  The live Webcasts are available for group viewing by an
unlimited number of participants from each member institution.  Also, the
Webcast Program will allow viewers to ask questions, will be supported
with relevant PowerPoint slides and background references, and will make
available recorded versions of each lecture for unlimited individual later
viewing throughout the year.  Membership will also allow unlimited
individual viewing of 36 additional recorded lectures from the CARMA Video
Library (see full list below).

2008-2009 CARMA Consortium Webcast Program Schedule*

September 12, 2008
12:00-1:00
CARMA 10th Year Celebration Webcast
Dr. Larry J. Williams
Virginia Commonwealth University
Measurement Models for Linking Latent Variables and Indicators: A Review
of Alternatives for Organizational Researchers
September 26, 2008
12:00-1:30
Dr. Herman Aguinis
University of Colorado-Denver
Review of Research Methods in Organizational Studies
October 24, 2008
12:00-4:30
Dr. Daniel Ganster
University of Arkansas
Measurement Issues in Stress Research

Dr. Howard Weiss
Purdue University
Measurement of Affect and Episodic Events

Dr. Adam Meade
North Carolina State University
Question and Context Effects in Organizational Survey Data
November 14, 2008
12:00-1:30
Dr. Peter Westfall
Texas Tech University
Multivariate Categorical Response Models
January 30, 2009
12:00-1:30
Dr. Karen Locke
College of William and Mary
The Grounded Theory Approach to Qualitative Data Analysis
February 27, 2009
12:00-1:30
Dr. Jonathan Doh
Villanova University
Using Spatial Analysis in Strategy Research
April 17, 2009
12:00-4:30
Dr. Laurie Weingart
Carnegie Mellon University
Dynamic Approaches to Analyzing Group Processes

Dr. Jeffrey Reuer
University of North Carolina
Exploring Interdependencies Among Strategic Choices Using Multivariate
Probit Analysis

Dr. Michael Burke
Tulane University
Estimating Confidence Intervals for Correlations Corrected for
Unreliability and Range Restriction

*tentative dates, presenters, and titles*

CARMA Video Library (video recordings of past lectures)

Dr. Herman Aguinis, University of Colorado- Denver
Estimating Interaction Effects with Multiple Regression

Dr. Donald Bergh, University of Denver
Strategy and Research Methods Development

Dr. Paul Bliese, Walter Reed Army Institute of Technology
Discontinuous Growth Models

Dr. Brian Boyd, Arizona State University
Current Issues with Organizational Level Measurement and Strategy Research

Dr. Dan Brass, University of Kentucky
Issues in Social Network Analysis

Dr. Gilad Chen, Texas A & M University
Conceptualization, Measurement, and Validation of Multilevel Constructs

Dr. Claudia Cogliser, Texas Tech University
Current Issues with Individual Level Measurement

Dr. Jose Cortina, George Mason University
Goodness of Fit and Structural Equation Models

Dr. Dan Dalton, Indiana University
Meta-Analysis and Strategy Research

Dr. Jeff Edwards, University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
Methods for Integrating Mediation and Moderation

Dr. Jeff Edwards, University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
Moderation in Structural Equation Modeling

Dr. Michele Gelfand, University of Maryland
Methodological Issues in Cross-Cultural Research

Dr. Paul Hanges, University of Maryland
Nonlinear Dynamic Models

Dr. David Harrison, Pennsylvania State University
Regression Models for Limited Dependent Variables

Dr. David Hofmann, University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
Hierarchical Linear Modeling

Dr. John Hollenbeck, Michigan State University
Contributing to Applied Psychology with Laboratory Research

Dr. Peter Hom, Arizona State University
Advanced Panel Methods for Strategy Research

Dr. Larry James, Georgia Institute of Technology
Effects of Criterion Reliability on Means/Interactions in Meta-Analysis

Dr. Larry James, Georgia Institute of Technology
Conditional Reasoning and Measurement of Implicit Personality

Dr. Katherine Klein, University of Pennsylvania
Issues with Group Level Measurement

Dr. James LeBreton, Wayne State University
Measures of Agreement for Group Level Research

Dr. James LeBreton, Purdue University
Relative Importance of Predictors with Regression Models

Dr. Jorge Mendoza, University of Oklahoma
Repeated Measures ANOVA and MANOVA

Dr. Roger Millsap, Arizona State University
Measurement Invariance and Organizational Research

Dr. Kevin Murphy, Pennsylvania State University
Power analysis for Traditional and Modern Hypothesis Tests

Dr. Robert Ployhart, University of South Carolina
Longitudinal Data Analysis

Dr. Michael Pratt, University of Illinois
Publishing Criteria for Qualitative Research

Dr. Steven Rogelberg, Univ. of North Carolina Charlotte
Non-responses to Organizational Surveys

Dr. Paul Sackett, University of Minnesota
Restriction of Range

Dr. Neal Schmitt, Michigan State University
Item Response Theory

Dr. J. Myles Shaver, University of Minnesota
Concerns, Implications, and Alternative Strategies for Testing Mediation

Dr. Jeff Stanton, Syracuse University
Issues with Internet Data Collection

Dr. William Starbuck, University of Oregon
Robust Regression

Dr. Eugene Stone-Romero, University of Central Florida
Testing Mediation Effects with Non-Experimental Research

Dr. Robert Vandenberg, University of Georgia
Multi-Level Structural Equation Methods

Dr. Robert Vandenberg, University of Georgia
Latent Growth Models for Longitudinal Data

About CARMA

The Center for the Advancement of Research Methods and Analysis (CARMA) is
a non-profit unit of the School of Business at Virginia Commonwealth
University (VCU), located in Richmond, Virginia, with an enrollment of
nearly 30,000 students.  It was established in 1997 by Dr. Larry J.
Williams, former Chairperson of the Research Methods Division of the
Academy of Management and Founding Editor of Organizational Research
Methods.

Here is some information about the impact and success of CARMA in recent
years:

Over 4600 CARMA Website Users from 45 countries
Over 160 universities in Webcast Programs since fall 2005
Over 1000 faculty/students have made over 6500 requests to view recordings
Over 700 faculty/students have attended 45 Short Courses since summer 2004

Dr. Larry J. Williams, Director
Center for the Advancement of Research Methods and Analysis (CARMA)
http://www.pubinfo.vcu.edu/carma/
Virginia Commonwealth University
301 W. Main Street, Snead Hall
PO Box 844000