Dear Folks,
     I have a vague memory of a study (a field experiment, I think) that
started some type of influence attempt at different nodes within a college
population (e.g., the nerd dorm, the jock dorm) and then assessed how the
message spread.
     I'd also be interested in other literature that directly
links networks and attempts to generate donations to a non-profit (like a
college).  Please respond to me and the copied honors student directly:
I'll make up a list and make it available to anyone else interested.
     Thanks, Lynn

_______________________
Lynn Smith-Lovin
Robert L. Wilson Professor of Sociology