<<<-------- John McCreery-------->>>

> By definition 2-mode networks constructed from affiliation matrices
> production. What I am looking for, then, is a way to calculate changes in
> the expected value of network densities, given these changes.

  In most real life networks the density is decreasing when increasing
  the size (number of vertices) - often it becomes very small (because
  of limited capability of actors to link - for example Dunbar number).
  From my experience a much better quantity (which is also much
  closer to our intuition) is the average degree - in your case
  the average degrees in the first and the second set. Try to plot
  them in the plane for all your networks.

  Vlado
--
Vladimir Batagelj, University of Ljubljana, FMF, Department of Mathematics
  Jadranska 19, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia