Hi all,

A group of birders went to Cockroach Bay Rd. today to check out the sod
fields. We did see Black-bellied and Semipalmated Plovers, Killdeer, and
Semipalmated and Least Sandpipers at the sod field just east of Gulf City
Rd.. Before we got there, however, we checked out the mitigation ponds, and
found several Black Terns, a Forster's Tern, and a few Glossy Ibis, along
with the expected Laughing Gulls and wading birds. One of our birders
thought he had a pair of Gadwalls in his scope, way across the pond. We also
found one Gray Kingbird on Gulf City Rd., along with a pair of Bald Eagles.

Susan Daughtrey

Englewood, Charlotte County, FL