In East River Pool, I finally saw the Great White Heron--my first.
For those who haven't seen it yet:  It doesn't look very different from the great egrets nearby.
I didn't see the "very heavy bill" that Sibley describes, but maybe it is a little larger.
One could argue that this bird was a little larger overall than the egrets, but it is not as obvious as I expected it to be.  It does have the "buffy gray legs" that Sibley describes.

Also seen in same pool: several black terns.

Otherwise, pretty quiet except for plentiful mosquitos after the storms.
Water was pretty high in the pools.

Bill Phelan
Tallahassee