I went by the soccor fields around noon after
finishing up banding (a Veery and Worm-eating Warbler)
and searched quite a while and finally found the
Golden Plover and only ONE Buff-breasted Sandpiper
f0llowing the plover around in the field across from
the muddy parking lots.  That may have been the last
of them because just moments later a Cooper's Hawk
came through and everything cleared out.  The Cooper's
snagged one swallow out of the air and slowly the
Killdeer and swallows returned but I never could find
the Golden or Buff-bellied again.

Where are these Flagler Sod fields you are referring
to????

Meret Wilson
Ormond Beach, FL
--- Michael Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> This morning, 9/6, I went by the Ormond Soccer
> Complex and again found the American Golden Plover,
> but I could not locate the Buff-breasted Sandpipers.
>  I went over to the Mud Bog area at the Flagler Sod
> Fields, Flagler County, and found a Wilson's
> Phalarope in basic plumage. There were many other
> shorebirds present including at least 6 White-rumped
> Sandpipers, 2 American Avocets, and Pectoral,
> Western, Semipalmated, Least and Stilt Sandpipers,
> lots of yellowlegs, Killdeer, Semipalmated Plovers
> and even a Ruddy Turnstone.
>
> Michael
>
> Michael Brothers
> Marine Science Center
> Ponce Inlet

> Member  photos  I:
> http://bkpass.tripod.com/floridabirds.htm
> Member  photos II:  see connection on photos I
> For archives:
> http://lists.ufl.edu/archives/floridabirds-l.html
> Set nomail: [log in to unmask] Message: Set
> floridabirds-L nomail
> Listowner:  [log in to unmask]

Meret S Wilson
Ormond Beach, FL