Hi Cara,
I work with probationary students in the spring semesters and use
College Study: The Essential Ingredients, 2nd edition, by Sally Lipsky,
published by Pearson Prentice Hall.  The text gives practical, solid
advice and has a lot of reflective activities that help the students
personalize the information.  My students always find the book readable
and useful.  It has the right amount of information and lots of
practical examples.  I highly recommend the book.  Let me know if you
have any questions.  I have included my email below so that you can
contact me off of the list.
Arden Hamer
Developmental Studies
Indiana University of Pennsylvania