I recommend "OnCourse" text and series of workshops by Skip Downing.  D.
Quiles--SUNY Ulster

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of COLEMAN, CARA
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 10:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Assessment/ Textbook for Academic Recovery

Hello,

I'm in the process of implementing a course for students attempting
academic recovery at The University of South Carolina.  Right now I'm
trying to find a method of assessing the effectiveness of the course as
well as a useful text.  If anyone has any ideas I would greatly
appreciate your input!

Cara Coleman
U. of South Carolina
STAR (Students Tackling Academic Recovery) Graduate Assistant
803-777-4192

browser to