-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kathryn Van Wagoner
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 7:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tutor appreciation week now called National Tutoring Week?

I've been celebrating "National Tutoring Week" for about 8 years now.
That's all I know on the history of it.  In fact, I was trying to find
some history on NTW and found nothing.  In my 8 years of experience, NTA
has seemed to be the sole supporter/promoter.

We are trying to get the school paper and community newspapers to do an
article.  We do a pizza party and provide different snacks all week.  We
have banners that say "We love our tutors."  Last year we took out a 1/2
page ad in the school paper and said "thanks" to the tutors and listed
everyone's names -- But that was very pricey.  We have asked the school
president to write a letter of appreciation.  We have acquired donations
of tickets to student performances on campus.  We have put out blank 1/4
sheet of paper thank you notes for students to fill out for specific
tutors.

Kathryn Van Wagoner
Utah Valley University
Math Lab Manager
801-863-8411

>>> "Michele Doney" <[log in to unmask]> 9/8/2008 4:03 PM >>>
Hi all,

A colleague and I are looking to plan something visible on campus for
National Tutor Appreciation Week, but even though I know it's coming up
soon, I can't find any information about it on the web.  The closest I
have
come is National Tutoring Week, which is noted on the NTA web site but
nowhere else that I can find.  My recollection of the past is that at
least
one of the other major national organizations (NCLCA? CRLA?) endorsed
the
event under its former name.  Does anybody have any information on this
change?  Also, does anybody have plans for this event that they'd like
share?  I could use some good ideas.

Best,

Michele

Michele Costabile Doney