It's been a while since I have shared this and I cannot remember who to give credit to -- someone who once presented at a Utah CRLA chapter meeting.

Introduce learning styles by playing very short games of Pictionary (visual), Guesstures (tactile/kinesthetic) and Taboo (verbal).  Ask the students which game they most enjoy -- it could be an indication of their learning style.

Kathryn Van Wagoner
Utah Valley University
Math Lab Manager
801-863-8411

>>> "Shari Nelson" <[log in to unmask]> 9/26/2008 9:23 AM >>>
Greetings!

I am making a presentation on Learning Styles (to mostly freshmen) in a couple of weeks and am looking for some short (5-10 min.) activities that I can incorporate into the presentation. I will be presenting on visual, auditory and tactile learning style and would like to have the students do a fun activity that would help them understand how their learning styles effect their learning and studying.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Shari Nelson
University of North Dakota