From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Holly M. Andress
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Reading strategies

Hello All:

I am teaching reading strategies in an academic success class this
afternoon, and the lesson plans I've been using are getting a little
stale.  Does anyone have any good lesson plans or activities to do in a
short amount of time (85 minutes) that can help students improve reading
speed and/or comprehension? Right now I teach SQ3R and Muscle Reading,
but would like to do something interactive rather than just lecturing
the whole time.

Holly M. Andress

Quincy University

Coordinator of Learning Support