From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of LICITRA, JENNA
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 10:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Professional Development Training

Good morning!

We are trying to incorporate professional development training for the tutors into our monthly meetings.  For example, last week, we focused on Ethics.  There was a discussion, as well as an activity.

We are trying to focus on topics for CRLA certification.  Does anyone have any suggestions for professional development training?  Perhaps interactive activities to help the students remember the concepts?  I would love to hear how other people promote professional development.

Thanks for your time and help!

Jenna Licitra

Jenna Licitra
Graduate Assistant of the Tutoring Center