I often suggest students sign up for one of the many Word-a-Day type daily
e-mails. This is especially true for people preparing for tests and have a
long time to do so.

Not interactive, sorry.

Dave

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Stacy, Jeanne <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Angela,
>
> Some free online vocabulary help can be found at Townsend Press.  The
> exercises are designed to reinforce what the students are doing in the
> corresponding textbooks (reading and vocabulary), but one can do the
> exercises without a book.  Go to the Online Learning Center and create
> an account.  Creating an account is free. See exercises under Vocabulary
> Books.  www.townsendpress.com
>
> You might also check out the New York Times Learning Network. Reading
> news summaries, the student can turn on the vocabulary tool and check
> word meaning as they read.  There's also Word of the Day, which provides
> a list of words in the archives, and one can see words in context.
> www.nytimes.com
>
> Hope there's something useful here.
>
> Best,
> Jeanne
>
> Jeanne P. Stacy
> Assistant Director
> Academic Learning Center
> Baton Rouge Community College

Dave Ehren
Director, Math Counselor
Macalester Academic Excellence (MAX) Center
651-696-6120

I am doing some of the many right things to do.