-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sara Weertz
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Contracts for Tutors

Hi Megan,

It's my understanding we can't refer to this kind of document as a
"contract" but "agreement" is fine. Semantics, I know, but something to
consider with your legal department. At Angelo State University (San
Angelo,
TX) we actually have three agreements:

1--Roles & Responsibilities Agreement (this is for our SI Leaders and it
outlines the roles and responsibilities of the director, instructor and
SIL;
all three sign this agreement)

2--SI Leader/Tutor Confidentiality Agreement (the name is self
explanatory)

3)--SI Leader/Tutor Agreement (really nothing more than our absentee
policy,
detailing exactly what we consider excused and unexcused absences,
although
it does contain a statement about agreeing to uphold our Center's
Policies &
Procedures; the SIL/Tutor initials this statement)

I'd be happy to send you samples of any of the above.
sal