We are a single-purpose college offering baccalaureate and master's degrees in nursing.  We have a required sophomore (200) level one-credit hour course called Strategic Learning. It is academic, with assignments, quizzes and a final exam and the grade counts in all ways. For more than a decade it was a one-hour freshman course called Success Skills for Lifelong Learning, but this year it went to sophomore level and has more learning theory and more writing in it.  I developed the course and have always taught it.
Linda Riggs Mayfield

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mary O'Malley
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 9:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: University 101 credit courses

Hello,
I am interested in finding out which universities and colleges offer a study skills /learning strategies course for credit. Could you let me know if your school has such a beast or where i could find this info.  We are trying to get such a credit course approved at my university and are looking for evidence that other universities  have a type of University 101 course for credit.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Mary

[]
   Help save the environment by not printing this email.

Mary O'Malley
Coordinator, Student Learning Services
Counselling & Development, H-440
Concordia University
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West
Montreal, Quebec
H3G 1M8

Tel: 514-848-2424 local 3561
Fax: 514-848-4534
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://learning.concordia.ca

The information contained in this e-mail message is PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL and is intended for the use of the addressee and no one else.  If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute, reproduce or use this e-mail message (or the attachments).  Please delete the original and notify the sender of the mistaken transmission.  Thank you.