At UC Berkeley we offer 2 unit study strategies courses for incoming
frosh and for "continuing" students (non-first semester) under the
joint auspices of the Student Learning Center and the Graduate School
of Education.
Nic
On Nov 13, 2008, at 8:51 AM, Caron Mellblom wrote:

> We also have a similar course at Cal State Dominguez Hills.  It is
> required for all incoming Freshmen and counts as a GE course.  This
> is the catalog listing.
> UNV 101  Personal, Social and Intellectual Development (3).
> A consideration of individual development with the goal of
> increasing knowledge of self and others within the University.
> Topics include self-knowledge and assessment, learning to learn,
> career development, and making the best use of university resources.
>
> Caron Mellblom-Nishioka C.C.C.,Ed.D.
> Professor, Teacher Education/Special Education
> Director, Center for Learning and Academic Support Services

The classroom remains the most radical space of possibility in the
academy.
--bell hooks
The university...becomes subversive...when students are encouraged to
learn how to learn.
--Robin Lakoff
____________________________________
Dominic (Nic) J. Voge
Study Strategies Program Coordinator
University of California, Berkeley
Student Learning Center
136 Cesar Chavez Student Center  #4260
Berkeley, CA 94720-4260

(510) 643-9278
http://slc.berkeley.edu

Nicís Available Meeting Times Fall 2008

Office Hours

After class Thursdays (4-5) and Fridays 4-5.

By-Appointment Hours

Mondays: 3-5

Tuesdays: 2-3

Wednesdays: 10-12