Hello all,

I am wondering if I could get a little help here.

  I know that I have read about and we often talk about the peer group
being the factor with the single greatest impact on academic success.
Does anyone have any actual articles that state this.  I'm wanting to
put this in my Success Center planning document as a need for
successful, diverse, and effective tutors and SI leaders working in
the center. Basically I want to document and cite that successful peer
educators, either tutors or SI leaders, who reflect the diversity of
students on campus and are selected, trained, and supervised are
perfect for providing a supportive learning environment and shaping
students love of learning and because of this they successfully impact
the tutees or student's academic success.

Any Help?  Does anyone have any studies that document this notion?
Thanks in advance for your input!

Todd

Todd S. Phillips
Director, Student Success Center