Although a study carrel in a quiet area might be sufficient, a small
private room would be ideal.

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Karyn Schulz
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 4:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: accommodation question

Hello friends

Our Disability Support Services office has not, historically, provided
testing accommodations for our law school students. They have in the
past been taken care of by an office within the law school itself. They
are now seeking our support for proctoring their exams and they list
private room as an accommodation. While I completely understand the need
for a separate, distraction-free testing environment, is a private room
going overboard? The amount of staffing needed in order to provide this
depth of support is overwhelming.

Can someone who provides accommodations for this level of graduate work
provide some insight? We do not provide private rooms for testing for
our other students eligible for this accommodation.

Thank you,

Karyn

Karyn L. Schulz, Ed.D.

Interim Director

Disability Services

University of Baltimore

Division of Student Affairs

P: (410) 837-4141

F: (410) 837-4932

browser to

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message.  Neither the sender nor the company for which he or she works accepts any liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.