From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jennifer Fasy
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 5:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: TutorTrac and PeopleSoft

We use TutorTrac and Banner. We haven't had any problems with the interface
and we upload a lot of information. We don't upload all of the students
from the college, just the ones who are in our one-to-one tutoring program.
We do it with a specific code that I enter into a specific area in Banner.
It updates those files nightly and pulls in the information on students
with that code.

I would recommend, however, that you get your IT department to assign one
person as your "person" to work with. Our IT guy has an administrative
account in TutorTrac, learned how to use the program, and can test things
and fix things for us on our end. He also talks to the TutorTrac techs
about the technical issues and handles the interface issues with the IT
guys that handle Banner at our college. That way, the IT guys talk to the
IT guys and I only have to talk to the one guy that already knows the
program. I talk to the TutorTrac support techs when I have questions about
using the program, not problems with the software.

Our problems have been with TutorTrac. We use it a little differently and
it doesn't make the accomodations to our tutoring program that the company
said it would. I am still glad that we have it; I just recommend you be
VERY specific about what you want it to do. I thought we were, as I talked
to them many times and explained how we were different and how we needed to
use it. But somehow, we didn't find out until we had purchased it that it
wouldn't do some of the basic things I wanted from it.

Jennifer Fasy
Focused Tutoring Coordinator
Salt Lake Community College
TB 506A Mailbox TB 213