The Oak Trees in the Mangrove Bay Neighborhood of NE St. Pete were dripping with Warblers and Vireos this morning. Could the cold front advancing through the heart of the country have pushed additional birds our way? I'll be interested to see if anyone from the panhandle reports today. There were hordes of Yellow-rumpeds making it seem like a prime September fallout with their frenzied feeding. A lone Pine Siskin fed on Red Cedar berries with a flock of Yellow-rumpeds. Do they feed on fruit as readily as seeds? Total list for my 1 hour walk for 10:15-11:15 is as follows.

45) Yellow-rumped Warbler ( very conservative, could have likely doubled this )
31) Palm Warbler
8) Pine Warbler
4) Northern Parula
2) Prairie Warbler
2) Yellow-throated Warbler
1) Black-and-White Warbler ( normally I see 4-6 )
1) Orange-crowned Warbler
1) Common Yellowthroat ( odd to find it feeding in an Oak with a flock in winter )
2) White-eyed Vireo
2) Blue-headed Vireo
1) Golden-crowned Kinglet
4) Ruby-crowned Kinglet