Today, 12/11, at the Marine Science Center, we received a Killdeer chick from the gravel parking lot of the Correctional facility in Daytona Beach. The bird is more than 5 days old because it has already lost its egg tooth. In checking The Birdlife of Florida, the known dates for eggs are from 17 March to  9 July, and dates for downy young from 16 April to August 3.

This is so far outside the norm that I thought that I should post it.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet