Subject: Ft. DeSoto-Tierra Verde & Sunshine Skyway bridge 121108 birdPIX

Hi all,

On morning of 12/11/08 I was out at Tierra Verde, Ft. DeSoto Park and the Sunshine Skyway bridge.  The morning was overcast and a bit rainy at times.  Surprisingly my photographic attempts were good considering the overcast conditions.  Actually some of the bird pix turnout better than if the full sun was out especially for very whitish birds – these were not as washout looking..

While at the Ft. DeSoto – East Beach Turnaround a nice plumage Lesser Black-backed Gull put in an appearance.  I especially noted a dark backed, yellow legged gull.  Problem was that the thing landed on the beach very briefly and took again – no photos on this guy.  The last thing that I did was to visit the Sunshine skyway bridge. I did find a Great Black-backed Gull on the north end of the bridge..  I may have had a Lesser Black-backed Gull. – that’s what I am tentatively calling it.   By this time the sun was coming out the light became terrible for these latter gull shots.

The following are the birds that I found and took shots of:
Snowy Egret, Cattle Egret, Little Blue Heron, Reddish Egret, Roseate Spoonbill, Black-bellied Plover, Semipalmated Plover, Sanderling, Short-billed Dowitcher, Ring-billed Gull, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Great Black-backed Gull, Royal Tern, Forster's Tern,
The links of these birds are as follows  The links for these species include:

Snowy Egret
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9062150@N07/3107676661/

Cattle Egret
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9062150@N07/3108508832/