Hugh, I'll confess to only partially following this thread and my usual
ignorance. Are you talking about out-sourced virtual servers, virtual
servers maintained as part of an organization's internal IT
infrastructure, or virtual servers regardless of where they are
maintained? I'm trying to understand if this is a problem inherent in
the technology itself, or if its problem associated with cloud computing
and/or outsourced services.

Dwight Wallis, CRM
Records Administrator
Multnomah County Fleet, Records, Electronics, Distribution and Stores
(FREDS)
1620 S.E. 190th Avenue
Portland, OR 97233
Phone: (503)988-3741