Subject:  Foto-birding Christmas Eve & day

Hi all:

For Christmas Eve day I ran out to Tierra Verde/Ft. DeSoto  to see what I could find and take shots of.  In the park I captured two pix of a Northern Cardinal.  I found lots of gulls at the boat dock got a few Ring-billed pix.  At Tierra Verde I observed Herring Gull & Lesser Black-backed Gull.

For Christmas day we drove to Lake Kissimmee State Park, south of Orlando.  I mainly wanted to see Scrub-Jays, I have seem them here before.  After giving up and leaving the park I noticed a male Yellow-shafted Flicker in the top of a tree, just past the entrance/exit booth to the park.  I took several pix of him then I noticed three Scrub-Jays behind me.  I shot several images of the jays before leaving.  After getting back home I upload the images onto the computer and edited these in Photoshop.  The lighting on both species was rather poor quality.  I managed to resurrect the Flicker but with the Jays it was no-go.

The following links are for some of the birds that I shot.

Ring-billed Gull
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9062150@N07/3141139771/

Herring Gull
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9062150@N07/3141139695/