The UF Teaching Center's free Teaching Assistant workshop series -- see us online under "TA Development" on the TC website (www.teachingcenter.ufl.edu) --  begins next week, with two workshops on September 1st and 3rd that will familiarize you with the e-Learning system. The following week our pedagogy workshop strand will begin, with a session on "Planning Your Lecture" on September 8th.

The rest of our workshop lineup is as follows:

9/10   Put your Syllabus on the Web
9/15   Leading Discussions
9/17   Power Point 1
9/22   Testing & Grading
9/24   Power Point II
10/1   Creating Assessable Learning Objectives
10/6   Diversity in the Classroom
10/8   Matching Learning Objectives w/Tools & Techniques
10/13  Troubled & Disruptive Students
10/15  Digital Grade Books
10/20  Basic Principles of Learning
10/27  Suicide
11/3   Creating a Syllabus
11/10  Creating a Teaching Portfolio
11/17  Creating a CV & the Job Interview

For more information and to register, go to www.teachingcenter.ufl.edu and click on "TA Development." You may register for as many workshops as you like, and students who attend the required number of workshops will get a certificate indicating their completion of a series of workshops in technology, pedagogy or both. If you have any questions, email them to Martin Simpson at [log in to unmask]