Although I am appreciative of all efforts on this front (bioenergy
from algae), it is quite inaccurate to imply that this is the "first
real-world, demonstration project", perhaps for University of Nevada,
but not for algal bioenergy.

Note: Please see  the National Renewable Energy Laboratory's Aquatic
Species Program closeout report for real-world, demonstration-scale
projects investigating algae as sources of renewable fuels.
 http://www.nrel.gov/docs/legosti/fy98/24190.pdf

Outdoor test facilities of  200 m2 were designed and used under this
research initiated in 1976.
If the Nevada researchers had read the report perhaps this could have
been released four years ago.

cheers towards continued algal research and a greater collaboration
between researchers,

Scott J. Edmundson