Hi BESTers,
My name is Ryan Graunke, I'm currently in graduate school at the
University of Florida studying food waste to biogas under Dr.
Wilkie.  As part of my work I'm going to be posting a weekly
article pertaining to food waste and biogas.  It'll be called Food
Waste Friday.  Look for it on Friday for some "food" for thought
over the weekend.

Here's one to start out.  A Scottish waste service company will be
constructing a food waste-to-biogas plant at a former composting
facility.  It will be powering homes with electricity and using
the effluent as an organic fertilizer.  It's exciting to see that
people are starting to realize that food waste is only unused
energy and nutrients.

http://www.biomassmagazine.com/article.jsp?article_id=2350

Have a good weekend,
Ryan Graunke